- Marsh Madness is one of several programs offered through the GEAR UP Waco partnership.
- GEAR UP Waco’s primary goal is to significantly increase the number of low-income students who are prepared for meaningful interaction with colleges and universities.
- The focus of Marsh Madness is to provide field and laboratory experiences in the biological and environmental sciences in a wetland environment
- This program provides curriculum for two field trips a year to the Lake Waco Wetlands.
- Marsh Madness began with Waco ISD sixth and seventh grade students in Spring 2007, in 2008 La Vega ISD was added, this program will continue with these students until they reach the 12th grade.
Benefits of participating in Marsh Madness...
- Hands-on reinforcement of core biology concepts that are aligned to TAKS.
- Interact with environmental professionals and science academics.
- Get muddy while learning about wetland plants, animals, adaptations, water chemistry, invasive species, ecosystems, pollution...
Adventures in Flight B4 Your Eyes (MM Curriculum)
Back to About the Wetlands